Recently, it occurred to me that a lot of what I share on my blog are posts about how to do something or make something, tips on organization or parenting or my thoughts. My kids inevitably come up in those posts and pictures considering they consume most of my day. My husband shows up sometimes too. But I don’t really talk about myself much. I always think it’s fun to find out the little quirks and facts that make up who a person is so today I’m sharing 10 things you didn’t know about me.
1. Growing up, I wanted a pet chinchilla. I still don’t have one and probably never will because they are kind of high maintenance, but I can’t help but get excited whenever I see one!
2. My husband and I got engaged after dating for 2 months and got married 5 months later. We’ve been married for 8.5 years so things are going pretty well. We haven’t changed too much have we?
3. I’ve been using a paper planner since the first day of 7th grade when they gave everyone one to keep track of school assignments, tests, etc. I got a new one every year and would spend the first couple of days of school putting all the due dates for everything into it from my class syllabi. This continued through junior high, high school, college and I have one now too. I keep track of pretty much everything in it and I love it.
4. I stopped growing when I was 16. My feet and height have been the same for the last 15 years.
5. The first concert I went to was when I was 13 and it was to see the Backstreet Boys. (Were you for BSB or N’SYNC?)
6. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the slot on top of a cereal box gets ripped and then I can’t close the tab.
7. My first airplane ride was when I was 18 and my family and I flew to Florida from Utah to go on a cruise.
8. My daughter’s name came from a book I read in high school (although I did change the spelling).
9. Cole slaw and potato salad are my least favorite foods EVER. Oddly enough, it was one of the first things my husband and I found out we had in common when we were dating.
10. If I could go back to my college days before I met my husband, I would do a study abroad program to Italy. It is still my dream to visit there one day and stuff my face full of homemade pasta, pizza and gelato.
I hope you had fun learning a little bit more about me!