Sunshine and Munchkins has been up and running for almost three months now and it’s been so much fun for me! Lots of hard work and time, but I’ve loved being able to share my posts with you and hear from you as well. As we begin a new year, I thought it would be fun to show you what my top 10 posts were for 2015!
10. My FAVORITE Roll and Cut Cookies–The title says it all, but these really are my favorite cookies to make when using a cookie cutter. They keep their shape, taste yummy and are so easy to make! Be sure to save this recipe and use it for any holiday or event you want to decorate cookies for. (Which is pretty much all of them, right?)
9. 25 Easy Neighbor Gifts–Neighbor gifts aren’t just for the holidays. They are great to drop by any time of year, for any reason.
8. Traditions I’m Starting This Christmas–My family LOVED the traditions we started last year! I’m excited to add some new ones this year.
7. DIY No-Sew Burlap Table Runner with Tassels–Burlap is so versatile and this no-sew table runner has been part of my holiday decor for the last 3 months because it’s so darn cute. Definitely one of my favorite and easiest projects I’ve ever done.
6. Traditions I’m Starting This Thanksgiving–If you didn’t get a chance to see our Thankful Tree and Book of Thanks we did for Thanksgiving last year, be sure and check it out. My family loved doing both of them and we will be continuing the traditions for years to come.
5. Gift Guide: Men–So many of my friends and family have told me they struggle with coming up with gift ideas for the men in their life, so I compiled a HUGE list! This is a great list for birthdays, Christmas, anniversary and Father’s Day.
4. Gift Guide: Parents and Grandparents–Just like men can be hard to buy for, parents and grandparents are too because in many cases, they can just go out and purchase anything they might want or need. Check out this list for a bunch of great ideas for birthdays, Christmas, anniversary and Mother’s Day/ Father’s Day.
3. 23 Free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages and Activities–Lots of waiting goes on during Thanksgiving break and Thanksgiving Day. Why not print off some coloring and activity pages to keep your kids hands busy while the food cooks (and maybe yours too!)? Pin it now and print it out in November. (Or October if you’re Canadian.)
2. 6 Simple Ways to “Halloween-ify” Your Home–Besides including a cute, free printable for you, I also give 5 more easy ways you can decorate your home for Halloween without spending a lot of money.
And the #1 most popular post in 2015…
1. Awesome Non-Candy Alternatives for Halloween–I was so excited that so many people liked this post! As much fun as candy is on Halloween, I think that providing non-candy alternatives is a great option. One person told me that they were specifically thanked by a family for providing something different than candy for their children. I love hearing stories like that. But don’t limit yourself to Halloween with this post. Valentine’s Day is coming up and you could use many of these same suggestions for your children to give out to their friends.
Thank you so much to everyone who has read, commented, shared, liked and pinned my posts! It means a lot. I’m excited for 2016 and what it will bring!
What types of posts would you like to see more of this year?